I was nominated by the awesome
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their page so others can see how amazing they are, too!
- List the rules in the post and the badge somewhere on your website
- Answer the 11 questions you got asked
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for this award and let them know
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions!
Question and Answers
What is your favorite thing about reading?
This is a very cliche answer, but disappearing into another world–because sometimes you just need to not be conscious of the world around you as it stands. This is why I’ve always been pulled towards fantasy and sci-fi, but I can also appreciate the slight unrealistic events in contemporaries!
How would you describe your blog niche?
Oh man, I don’t really have a niche…I mean, it’s probably a good idea marketing-wise to have a specific “thing” for people to associate with your blog, but reviewing books is a hobby and I don’t want to limit myself to reading mostly one particular genre just ’cause it fits my “image”.
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Butterscotch, hands down.
If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
I would go to Iceland. I’ve heard the sights are amazing and it’s a great place to hike!
How are you coping with quarantine?
I’m honestly coping pretty well? Mostly, I’ve been getting through books and TV shows that I put on the back-burner, and also socializing with my friends online.
What is a genre you don’t like to read/don’t generally pick up?
Generally, I don’t pick up non-fiction, historical or romance. But that doesn’t mean I never do give those genres a chance. I’ve read some delightful books that fall under them! But it’s just not where I turn to first.
What is your favorite thing about yourself/your life?
Tough question! Keeping in mind the climate, my favourite thing about my life would be that everyone I know and love is healthy.
How long have you been blogging?
A couple of years now. I wasn’t consistent before but I’ve become more consistent in my posting starting from last year!
What is the best post you have written? Drop a link.
Ah, I’ve written plenty of posts I like! I’ll cheat and drop a small handful:
- Sailor Moon Book Tag
- Autism Acceptance Character Tag | Bookending Spring 2020
- [Book Tag Tuesdays] Women’s History Book Tag
What is the best book you had to read for school?
Lord of the Flies was the only book that was forced on us by school to read and that I really enjoyed!
Iced coffee or hot coffee?
Iced coffee, but maybe that’s because it’s been so hot where I am!
- Who are your top three favourite characters?
- What’s your zodiac sign? Do you fit with the stereotypes of your sign?
- Earth, fire, water, air. What’s your favourite element and which one would you want to have power over?
- Rant time! In three sentence or less, rant about your most disliked/hated book. Alternatively, you can rant about your most disappointing read.
- Have you picked up a new or old hobby this quarantine? If so, what is it?
- What books would you recommend to a burgeoning bookworm?
- Audiobook vs. ebook vs. physical book. What’s your preference and why?
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- Favourite podcast(s)? Or podcasts you’re looking forward to starting?
- Favourite smoothie flavour?
I tag you!
- Shannon Hollinger
- Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts
- JJ @ Notes by J
- Laurel @ The Suspected Bibliophile
- Laura @ The Corner of Laura
- Nadia @ The Journeying Bibliophile
- Kate @ Feathered Turtle Press
- Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
- Blue @ A Blonde, a Book and a Blanket
- Claire @ Nerds Like Me